Friday, May 27, 2011

Done, Done....and Done!

The house is ready to be listed!  The granite installer is on his way and that is the last thing.  Art is on the wall, beds are made, floors are clean, flowers are planted, appliances sparkle....The place looks amazing!

I sat on the couch today and took a good look at the place.  I would have to say it's perfect except if I were personally going to live there I would sand and refinish the hardwood floors.  I thought about doing it but there is only so much money you can spend on a flip and only so much money you can spend on a house of that caliber in that particular neighbourhood.  The fact remains that the neighbourhood is still a lower income area and to spend all kinds of money turning a townhouse into a flawless beauty would not be worth it.  I would never get the return on my money.  Anyway, in future, I will consider that and perhaps leave something else out.  For this particular house I can't think of what I would have left out in place of refinishing the floors so I think it was the right decision.  Frankly, I don't even know what it costs to have that done - I'll have to look into that for future reference.

So, get this.  Last week a very similar house on a cross street a block away from me listed his on Grapevine for $299,000.  Get real!  The place is nothing special and there are 2 others listed around the corner for way less: one for $252,900 and the other for $259,900.  The one for $259,900 is 2 houses down from mine and I booked a showing to go see it last week.  It's nice, shows well and has some nice upgrades and a gorgeous deck off the back.  Anyone in their right mind would choose my neighbour's over the vacant, half assed fixed up one for $299,900 but NO!  There have been no offers in the week and a half my neighbour has had his/hers listed for but today the $299,000 one sold conditionally.  Obviously, the buyer has no agent either because an agent would have said you can get twice the house for $20K less around the corner...literally 100 meters away.  I can't believe it.  I am considering sitting outside and staking out the house for $299,900 and when the buyer comes back to look at the house again or sign some papers I will jump out of my truck and say "hey, I'll sell you mine for $275,00"....seriously.  WTF.  There has to be a way I can find out who that is.  Perhaps I should call the number on the listing and ask to come and see it....start chatting it up and see if I can get the name of the person with the offer on it....is that illegal? :)

Anyway, the moment you've all been waiting for....

Living Room Before:

Living room After:




Dining Room/Eating Area after:



Master Bedroom Before:


Master Bedroom After:



2nd Bedroom Before:

2nd Bedroom After:



Main Bathroom Before:


Main Bathroom After:



Fridge Before:

Fridge After:

Basement After:




Kitchen Before:
SNEAK PREVIEW ONLY of Kitchen after:


So, know anyone who wants to buy the sweetest little town home ever??  Great starter home, nice deck, 2 parking spots, all upgraded, didn't cut any corners!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment