Wednesday, May 25, 2011

OMG, OMG, OMG

OMG, OMG, OMG the house looks so awesome!

Last week my mom called to see how everything was going and she mistakenly offered her help if I needed it.  Well, I took her up on her offer and she came last Friday to help me clean.  I warned her that her project would be to clean the stove/oven.  As soon as she saw it, she offered to pay for a new one rather than clean it.  I was positive we could get that thing looking like new again with a little "elbow grease" (to use one of my mother's sayings :)  It took close to 2 hours to clean the outside.  When she opened it and saw the inside she got discouraged so I moved her over to bathroom duty and sprayed the oven with oven cleaner, closed it up and left it for 5 days.  Today (Wednesday) I opened it up, and just like I said, a little elbow grease and it's almost as good as new.  Really.  It's almost perfect on the inside.  It was SO disgusting.  It was like taking an inch of molasses off the bottom of the oven.  I will admit that I couldn't get the racks clean but buying new racks is way better than buying a whole new stove.  New appliances is not in my budget and I refuse to buy them!  Besides I bought them new in 2009 before I rented the house out.  They are only a year and a half old!

I didn't work much over the weekend but on Monday my mom and her fiance came to help me clean again.  We made a lot of progress.  We cleaned the entire basement, worked on the yard a bit and got the living room and dining room floors cleaned. 

Today the furniture arrived.  WOW, what a difference.  I spent about $300 on bedding, artwork and accessories.  I totally love it!  It looks so great.  The only thing left is curtains.  I bought all of them today but they are all too short except one set :(  I will exchange them tomorrow and I hope I can get similar styles, but longer.  Too short curtains is a pet peeve of mine.  It looks so cheap!  They are better of bunching up on the floor than being too short.  I feel the same way about pants by the way.  I am 5'11" and have very long legs.  If I can find pants long enough, surely everyone else can!  I hate too short pants!

Anyway, the house was supposed to list today but there is one small glitch - the granite counter top I wanted is out of stock so I had to choose a different one and that delayed the ordering process.  In fact, I don't know what colour I am getting.  I told the guy at the cabinet store to pick for me and get the order in asap.  I didn't feel it was necessary to drive out to the East end to look at samples again.  They told me they had narrowed it down to one lighter and one darker than I had originally ordered.  I told them to go with the lighter and I would trust they made a good choice for me :)We'll see what I get!

Once I have my new curtains hung tomorrow I will take some pictures.  It's too great.  Once you see it. you'll want to buy it!  Remember, this beautiful 3 bedroom urban townhouse can be yours for the sweet price of $270,000......well, for you, $260,000 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment