Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reno Day 2-4 - 1234 Summerville Ave.

Well, day 2-3 were really slow.  We only completed new door and window casings because my brother had to work off-site on other jobs that he had committed to.  I anticipated this would happen so I placed an ad on Kijiji on day one looking for general contractors.  I hired a father-son team last night and had them start this morning.  So far, so good.  I am basically "the runner".  I show up on-site in the morning, tell the guys what I need done.  Ask them what they need to get the job done and off to Home Depot I go.  As the day progresses I follow up and see if they have run into any problems and if there are any other supplies required.  It's working well.  I do a lot of clean up and make a lot of lists :)

I have chosen my cabinets and counter top and I am going with a new company called Focus Kitchen and Bath Co.  They have been super nice and super accommodating.  The price is really reasonable and I have my fingers crossed for the end result.  The kitchen in this house is very small and I am re-arranging it from it's previous layout to make it more spacious.  My new layout is simple and practical.
If only my fridge were that clean :)

Today is Thursday.  We have 11 days until listing. 

  • Friday - finish flooring, drywall repairs, baseboard/trim and deck, close in basement stairs
  • Saturday - family room and laundry room flooring install
  • Sunday - catch up, if any
  • Monday-Thursday - painting
  • Friday - cleaning
  • Saturday - cleaning
  • Sunday - final touches
  • Monday - staging furniture comes in and kitchen cabinet and counter install
  • Tuesday - house for sale :)
Today's spending: 2826.13 deposit on custom cabinets + $338.32 building supplies

Tally to date: $6113.99

I'm half way through my spending budget and I have the following left:
Carpet - $1000
Painting - $2400
Supplies - $1500
General Labour - $1500
Staging - $400

Might be $500 over budget or so :(  Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment